The Women’s Fund Georgia has existed in Georgia since 2005 and its mission is to strengthen women’s organizations and groups in the center and regions for the realization of women’s rights, their full participation in public life and self-realization.
We present to you the activities of the Foundation’s Women’s Fund in the month of January 2023:
- In January, the foundation announced a new grant program called “Women’s Rights and Environmental Justice,” which aims to encourage women’s NGOs and informal women’s groups working on social and environmental justice to focus their efforts on women’s stewardship of natural resources, responding to social and environmental challenges, whether climate change, biodiversity, environmental pollution, chemical safety, waste management, women’s right to a safe, clean and healthy environment and others.
- Also, the organization’s open door grant program has been launched, which is valid throughout the year.
- The Women’s Fund has started preparing videos to raise awareness about digital security, which will be mainly aimed at the foundation’s grantees/activists.
- On January 27, the Foundation organized a webinar on the anti-gender rhetoric of far-right groups.
- On January 30, the Women’s Foundation held a conference on gender equality in labor relations, at which the organization summarized the achievements and challenges of 2022.