Women’s Found In Georgia has existed since 2005, and it’s goal is to empower women’s organizations and groups in the capital and the regions, to ensure implementation of their rights, their full
Women’s Found In Georgia has existed since 2005, and it’s goal is to empower women’s organizations and groups in the capital and the regions, to ensure implementation of their rights, their full participation in social life and self-realization.
We present to you the activities of Women’s Fund in Georgia in the month of December 2022:
- The number of projects financed and launched by the Foundation in December was 26: In support of Ukrainian and Belarusian women civil activists; For promoting the development of the intersectional feminist movement.
- The Foundation lead meetings with gender equality councils in Bolnisi, Dmanis and Gardabani on sexual and reproductive health and rights. The organization introduced the concept, terms and definitions to the guests, as well as Georgian legislation and international documents, which Georgia has ratified. One of the organization’s grantees conducted informational meetings on papillomavirus in Gardabani, and another took 500 women to Bolnisi for screening.
- The foundation has prepared a video about papillomavirus and the importance of vaccination. A second video was also made on the rights of women as maternity patients.
- The foundation continues its video series with a campaign on women’s labor rights, which will focus on the necessity and benefits of an environment tailored to the needs of employees. Videos regarding the following issues have already been prepared: menstrual leave, trans* employment program, workplace lactation room and employment of people
- The organization started working on the transformation of the Kato Mikeladze Award. In addition, during this year the foundation will remind or introduce the award holders to their supporters. Work on the first video for this is planned to be completed soon.